Friday, July 10, 2009

Ring Pop Creations?!

I know what you're thinking. "Ring pops? You mean those rings with the delicious candy on them that you suck on for hours, but you never can lick it all off?! You can make something with that?!"

And the answer is, yes.

A year ago, while my cousin and I were hunting for Cape May Diamonds, and we had a marvelous idea. "We could totally make a ring out of these," I said. My cousin and I found a plastic part to a ring pop, but weren't aloud to pick it up because it was dirty.

So, this year, before I went to New Jersey, I went to my local dollar and bought 3 packages of 4 ring pops. (Thats $3 dollars plus tax for 12 ring pops. How much are they at the grocery store counter? Like, 89 cents?) Anyway, once I got to New Jersey, I handed my cousin a bag and told him to start licking!

We went to Cape May, found some diamonds, and brought them home and made these:

Photobucket
Yes, if you must ask, that is ME modeling the ring. On the top of the ring, there is a piece of clear seaglass.

Photobucket
This is the same idea, only we added that weird looking shell, which we also found on the beach.

I must also note that we had to use 527 glue to glue all the diamonds/shells/sea glass on the rings. And 527 glue is very, very smelly.

2 comments:

Ebony said...

omigosh, love it! I love rings! (Nice nail polish too). :)

Moxie said...

Thanks, it's a great color, but horrible brand. If they had that color in Revlon, I'd be happier.